Turbomachinery Designer and CFD-Analyst
Job location: New York City area
Job type: Full-time
Experience Level: Entry Level or 1-2 years experience
We are looking for an entry-level/junior Application Specialist in the field of Turbomachinery Design and CFD/FEA simulations.
You will be part of a team of technical experts within the CFturbo organization, which works closely with Product Development, Sales, and Marketing Customer Support, to make CFturbo the most powerful and most user-friendly Turbomachinery design software on the planet.
As a technical expert, you are responsible for creating, maintain and distribute technical material, including but not limited to benchmarks, journal and conference papers, best practice guides, technical/sales presentations, webinars, training, demo cases. You will provide advanced technical support to the sales and support team and build the expertise of engineers within these organizations, enabling them to support typical engineering applications.
You will be part of our team to spread modern turbomachinery design methodology, primarily -- but not limited to -- the energy industry, aerospace and automotive, marine, HVAC, and the water and wastewater industries by soving technically complex tasks for our clients.
- Conceptual design of pumps, blowers, compressors, and turbines
- CFD/FEA simulation services using CFturbo, Ansys, StarCCM+
- Design exploration and optimization
- Consulting services
- Training courses
- Customer support
- Technical material generation for pre-sales and marketing
- Build, maintain, and manage technical engagements and collaborations
- Masters in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a focus on turbomachinery-related CFD/FEA
- In-depth knowledge of turbomachinery-related CFD/FEA applications
- A strong background in, but not limited to, gas and steam turbines, compressors, fans, pumps and other rotating machinery, incompressible/compressible flows, turbulence modeling, complex geometry handling and meshing
- Experience with two-phase flow, cavitation, and conjugate heat transfer
- Hands-on experience with commercial CFD software/s
- Ecxellent communications skills in English language
- Basic Programming skills
CFturbo is headquartered in Dresden/Germany with a major office in New York City, NY and supported by global network of distributors. Dedicated to Turbomachinery design and related Engineering Services in design of rotating machinery, fluid flow and heat transfer CFturbo has become a partner with worldwide respect in the Turbomachinery community over the last twelve years. Our conceptual design software CFturbo is supposed to be the most user-friendly system available on the market.
CFturbo is an equal opportunity employer and probits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We encourage members of historically marginalized groups to apply.